Indianapolis (September 10, 2018)—First Lady Janet Holcomb, Torchbearer Awards Honorary Chair, and the Board of Commissioners of the Indiana Commission for Women (ICW) will honor twelve extraordinary women at this year’s annual Torchbearer Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, at 5:00 PM at the Indiana Historical Society, 450 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis. Admission is free; however, guests should register to attend at https://2018torchbearerawards.eventbrite.com.
This prestigious award recognizes women from around the state who have broken down barriers, overcome obstacles to women’s full participation, and have made Indiana a better place to live, work and raise a family.
“This year’s list of nominees is impressive,” said Chair of ICW Board of Commissioners, Melissa Cotterill. “They have all made significant contributions to the state and to their communities; and we are excited to be recognizing them.”
This year’s Recipients are (brief bios below):
• Dr. Kristina Box (Indianapolis), Indiana State Health Commissioner
• Judy Brown (Hillsdale), American Legion
• Tammy Butler Robinson (McCordsville), Engaging Solutions
• Melinda Clark (Salem), St. Vincent Medical Group
• Sarah Demmon (Fishers), Eli Lilly and Company
• Brenda Gerber Vincent (Fort Wayne), Lifeline, Crosswinds, Lasting Change
• Major Nila Miller-Cronk (Indianapolis), Indiana State Police
• Jennifer Pope Baker (Carmel), Women’s Fund of Central Indiana
• Rupal Thanawala (Indianapolis), Accenture
• Kendra Vanzo (Evansville) Old National Bank
• Tina Walters (Fort Wayne), Fort Wayne Smallest Winner
• Donna Zimmerman (Evansville), Ivy Tech Community College
Preceding the Ceremony, ICW will also be hosting a Paid Family Leave Symposium to release its research on the public’s receptiveness to paid family leave in Indiana. For more information about that event, go to: https://www.in.gov/icw/2439.htm. For more information, contact Kristin Garvey, Executive Director at 317/232/-6720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.